Website Terms and Conditions of Use
The magazine is not currently being published. All digital media will continue to operate but any orders for magazines or listings in or adverts in the magazine will only be fulfilled upon and if the publication of the magazine resumes.
- By using or accessing this site you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, then please do not use this site.
- The Australian Markets and Fairs website (www.marketsandfairs.com.au) is owned and operated by JB Fitness Pty Limited ABN 54 143 698 506 (hereinafter known as “AMF”).
- AMF takes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of, or the representations made by, the contents of this site. AMF takes no responsibility for the content of any World Wide Website that links from this website.
- This website contains information provided by third parties. You should be aware that there may be technical inaccuracies, typographical errors, programming bus or computer viruses in this website or its content.
- Access to this website is provided on the condition that:
- To the full extent permitted by law, AMF will be under no liability to any person in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly from or in connection with any use of this website or of the information on or accessed through this website for whatever reason (including negligence).
- Where any statute implies any term in relation to your use of this website and that statute prohibits any exclusion or modification of that term, then that term is included. However, the liability of AMF for breach of any such term will be limited to resupply of the services which comprise this website.
- By accessing this website and using the facilities and/or services officered through this website, you agree that the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia shall govern such access and the provision of such facilities and/or services and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
Revisions of Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- AMF may revise or amend these terms and conditions of use at any time at our absolute discretion by positing revised terms. By using this website, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then current version of the website terms and conditions of use to which you are bound.
Prices, Products & Services
- All Prices are in Australian Dollars ($AUD).
- AMF operates the website as an information and advertising tool for markets and fairs and their associated products and services.
- The website contains information for a number of markets and fairs related suppliers, organisers and stallholders and provides the user with an opportunity to view information, products and services of interest and to advertise their markets, fairs, shows, exhibitions and or like events, individual stallholders, presenters, exhibitors, and any related goods and or services from related or associated suppliers and service providers.
- AMF is not an agent for any third party advertiser, supplier or provider advertised or otherwise listed on the website (“Advertisers”).
- Information contained on the website about goods and services offered by any Advertisers is supplied by the Advertisers. AMF do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by the Advertisers for posting on the website and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date and may change at any time. Facilities, activities or other services that form part of any advertisement may be subject to change.
- AMF do not make any representation about the quality, condition, description or popularity of any advertised event or any particular Advertisers generally. You should make your own enquiries in relation to the accuracy of any representation upon which you intend to rely. Advertisers may impose their own terms and conditions and if you obtain any goods or services from any Advertisers you may be subject to their terms and conditions and you should ensure that you agree with those terms and conditions.
Payments & Refunds Policy
- AMF charges listing fees for advertising packages. These packages are subject to change from time to time.
- An advertiser will be charged the listing fee for the advertising package chosen at the time of placement or relisting or continuation of an existing advertisement online. Fees for the agreed advertising package can be paid by a credit card, or other from another nominated account, at the time of listing the advertising.
- If a payment transaction fails, the advertiser may incur late payment fees, as well as any debt collection fees incurred and access to the AMF site may be limited.
- AMF are not involved in the actual transactions between advertisers and visitors. AMF is merely a passive conduit for the distribution and publication of information about markets, fairs, stalls, stallholders and their related products and services. As a result, AMF has no control over and, to the extent permitted by law, makes no warranties in relation to the suitability, quality, safety or legality of any products, services, markets or so on advertised for sale on the AMF site, the accuracy or truth of any advertising listings on the AMF site or the ability of advertisers and visitors to actually enforce or complete a transaction in respect of goods or services advertised herein.
- If an advertisement relates to items sold through a business or services provided by a business, the advertiser should display their business details in the ad.
- In Victoria and Tasmania an advertiser is required by law to identify their business in the ad. For each ads, the advertiser must include their business name and at least one of the following:
6.1 business address
6.2 business registration number
6.3 business license number.
- AMF do not offer refunds for advertising where the design proof for the agreed advertising package has been accepted by or provided to AMF, its employees, servants or agents by the advertiser except where AMF has erred in the spelling of the advertiser's name or the error is otherwise the fault of AMF. If the advertiser supplies AMF with incorrect spelling AMF will not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever and a no refund will be offered. It is the advertiser's responsibility to ensure correct spelling and detail at the time either:
7.1 the design proof is provided for final approval; or
7.2 the advertiser supplies the final form of wording of information to be included in any advertisement to AMF.
- The information in this Payments and Refunds Policy is subject to and or in addition to any legal rights the advertiser might have under New South Wales or Commonwealth law.
- This Policy is only intended to apply to services provided by AMF. Any claim, suit or action by a visitor against an advertiser cannot be brought against AMF as there is no contractual or other relationship between AMF and any visitor to the AMF site. In the event that any claim suit or action is sought to be taken against AMF or AMF is otherwise joined to any such action, the advertiser responsible for the advertisement the subject of any such claim suit or action agrees to fully indemnify AMF against any loss or damage that may be visited upon AMF including AMF's legal fees on a solicitor and own client basis.
Site Content, Ownership & Use Restrictions
- The material on this website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright and moral rights) in all content, other material and compilations contained in, or used to create or support this site including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and navigational and other software (collectively referred to as the “Contents”) are owned or controlled, and are reserved by AMF and its related companies, affiliates, licensors and licensees.
Intellectual Property - Generally
- This website and all intellectual property rights, including graphics, logos, trademarks, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them, sound recordings and all software relating to this website are owned by AMf or in some cases a related body corporate or third party. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws.
- You may view AMF’s site and its content for personal and non-commercial use only and subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation. You may not in any form or by any means reproduce, modify, distribute, store, transmit, publish or display within another website or create derivative works from any part of this website or commercialise any information obtained from any part of this website without our prior written permission or in the case of third party material from the owners of the copyright material.
- Nothing contained in this website is to be interpreted as a recommendation to use any information on this website in a manner which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person, company or entity. We make no representations or warranties that your use of the information on this website will not infringe such intellectual property rights.
Use of Graphics on this Website
- At all times AMF will try to ensure that the graphics on the website are as accurate and as close to any actual product or service as possible. Computer colours and the large range of computer monitors available make the matching process a lot more difficult so on this website it is important to note that visual dimensions of products, stalls, stands, market set up and services are used for graphic purposes only. In all cases it is essential that you make your own inquiries and/or investigations when making any decision regarding content or information supplied or sourced from this website.
Personal, Non-commercial Use
- Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute, download and print in hard copy portions of this site solely for the proper and reasonable purposes of:
- Placing an advertisement or other such order with AMF; or
- Using the site as a resource, provided that you do not modify the site and that AMF retains all copyright and other property contained in the Contents.
- You must not, without our prior written permission, exploit any of our site materials for commercial purposes or other purposes that are not expressly permitted in these terms and conditions of use.
- You are not authorised, without the prior written permission of AMF and each other owner of rights in content that you access via the website, to reproduce, frame, download, store (in any medium), communicate, show or play in public, adapt, change or create a derivative work from that content. No trade mark (whether registered or otherwise) that is contained on this site or otherwise used by AMF may be used without our prior, specific, written permission or that of the trademark owner.
- Please note that the permission granted to use material on the site terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms and conditions of use.
- This website may contain links to other websites which are owned or operated by third parties. These links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or maintained.
- AMF should not be construed as endorsing, approving, recommending or giving preference to these third parties or their websites, or any information, products or services referred to on those third party websites unless expressly stated. You link to these websites at your own risk and should make your own enquiries as to the privacy polices of these third parties. AMF is not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
- AMF do not permit any linkages to this website without written permission.
- Given the nature of the internet, AMF cannot guarantee that this website is free from viruses, fault or other conditions which could damage or interfere with your computer systems, and we do not warrant that your access to this website will be uninterrupted, error free or that any defects will be corrected. You assume the risk of any damage to your property as a result of using this website, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we disclaim all liability for any errors, omissions or faults.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you use for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website.
SSL Encryption of Financial Information
- When engaging in financial transactions with AMF via the website, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
- AMF will not store any sensitive credit card information on the website. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used for all credit card and financial transactions and this information is sent directly to the financial processing centre.
- Given the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee that any data transmission is totally secure. Whilst AMF take precautions to protect information, AMF do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us. Users therefore transmit to this website at their own risk. However, once we receive your transmissions, we will take reasonable steps to preserve its security. If you become aware of any problems with the security of the data or the website, please immediately contact us by email at email@example.com.
Security & Privacy
- You agree to take responsibility for the safekeeping of your user name and password. You are liable if your user name or password is used by an unauthorised person. You agree to release and indemnify AMF in connection with any use (whether authorised or unauthorised) of your user name or password. AMF may suspend or cancel your account at any time without prior notice if it becomes aware of misuse of your user name or password or any breach of these terms and conditions of use generally.
- This website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by users. Our website logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying website usage data such as the number of hits and visits to AMF’s website. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others but again the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
We Can Use Your Feedback
- You grant AMF an irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use any material, information and ideas that you transmit to this website or otherwise provide to AMF from the time you authorise it to be sent. You agree that we can use and adapt any ideas, concepts, techniques, words, images or other content contained in these transmissions for any purpose and without restriction or compensation.
- AMF respects your privacy and is committed to protecting all the information users provide to us.
- AMF is the trading name of a private company incorporated in the state of New South Wales, Australia. AMF was established in 1993 and in addition to its print media it conducts business through this website.
- When users visit AMF, personal information and non-personal data will be collected depending on the nature of the visit.
- Your personal information is respected and handled with the utmost of case. Personal information includes your name, address and other features of your identity including your user and contact details. This information supports the user relationship with AMF and is not used for any other purpose other than for use by AMF. AMF will not pass on or sell your personal information to any third party without your consent (or as required by law). The information is collected for the purposes of transactions conducted with AMF and for our in-house marketing purposes.
- By visiting the AMF website, AMF may collect a variety of non-personal information such as:
- the time and date of your visit;
- the length of time you visit for;
- domain information;
- the pages and the number of pages you have viewed;
- your ISP details;
- the number of times you visit the website within a month;
- your IP address or proxy server’s IP address;
- the number, type and size of files you view;
- basic information regarding the website that referred you to the AMF website or websites that you access from the AMF website;
- the version and type of internet browser that you are currently using; and
- information about the type of operating system your computer uses.
- This information is only used for statistical and website development purposes. This data is not associated with any specific personal identity. This information is primarily used for business analysis so AMF can improve user relationships by providing a more effective and efficient service.
- AMF believes every complaint requires serious consideration.
- Complaints must be made in writing by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the email address the complaint is sent from must be verifiable.
- Complaints will be answered within 7 days.
- In the event that the complainant is not satisfied with the resolution of the complaint they can contact the owners on 0413 545 182 to discuss the matter.
- Objectives: The Markets and Fairs Blog is designed to provide an open venue for writers to contribute interesting and meaningful articles relating to markets, fairs and events. Outstanding articles will be published in our magazine, Australian Markets & Fairs. Articles are invited on a wide range of subjects including:
Audience: You audience consists of members of the industry (stallholders, market and event organisers) and customers of such events. Many of the customers have a keen interest in food.
Standards: All articles must be factual accuracy, balance and ethical reporting and based upon enquiry and research and not contain defamatory material.
Topic approval: You are not required to seek topic approval but we are happy to comment on your topic before you submit an article.
Bias:We will not censure or reject any article based upon any conflicts of interest held by us, other journalists and our advertising sales staff and you must declaration any conflicts of interest you may have in your article.
Linking policy: You are free to link to external or internal pages.
Images: We encourage images but they should be of print quality.
Style and formatting:
- Food, food culture, food preparation and their role in markets and events.
- Small business problems and opportunities as they relate to stallholders at markets and fairs and the impact of bureaucracy on them.
- Music and music culture at markets and events.
- The role of markets, fairs and events in society.
- Lifestyle articles relating to individual markets and traders.
Content review policy: We expect to review and publish articles on the blog within seven days.
Re-posting policy: You may republish your article elsewhere providing you include a link back to the article on our blog. 'Also published in Markets and Fairs blog. To visit click here' with a working link is sufficient.
- Provide a great headline.
- Write in short sentences.
- Break up large blocks of text with bold headings.
- Bullet your major points.