Australia Day in Camden provides an opportunity for the local community to get together and celebrate our great nation.
The event draws thousands of people each year and features busy street activities, food stalls, markets, kid’s entertainment and a street parade.
This year’s theme will embrace everything Australiana and sing of pure unadulterated Aussie family fun in the sun!
**What's in store for 2020?**
· The Macarthur Lions Parade will now commence at the earlier time of 10am on Argyle Street.
· The Awesome Aussie Eating Competition - how many mangoes and lamingtons can you eat in five minutes?
· Bush band: Sydney’s premier bush band The Inland Navigators will perform some of Australia's most beloved bush songs.
· Solo acoustic music by Ric Bailey of Mad Rhino.
· Thong throwing competition - a huge hit in 2019, this comp makes its return for more fun to see whose thong can be chucked the
farthest along John Street.
· Koala Cupcake and animal mask decorating workshop.
· Cork hat making workshop.
· Bouncy castles.
· Shaded area with seating for elderly and infirm.
· Free face painting.
· Buskers, street artists and bush poetry.
· Food trucks, arts and crafts and Australiana memorabilia stalls (stall holder applications close on Monday 13 January 2020).
- 8.15am - Thanksgiving Service Camden Civic Centre
- 9am - Fun Day commences John Street, Camden
- 10am - Macarthur Lions Street Parade, Argyle Street, Camden
- 11.45am - Australia Day Awards Ceremony, Camden Civic Centre
- 12.15pm - Citizenship Ceremony, Camden Civic Centre
- 2pm - Fun Day concludes, John Street, Camden